If you laughed at the title and feel kind of like a psychopath for it, at least know you’re not alone.
Reports are just coming out of an incident at Tokyo Medical University Hospital that apparently happened earlier this year on April 15. While the female patient, who is in her 30s, was undergoing surgery in which a laser was applied to her cervix. Said laser was believed to ignite after the woman let out a bit of flatulence, causing severe burns on much of her body. Independent experts examined the scene and determined there were no flammable items.
So. It was definitely the fart. As the report states:
“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire.”
Do you think she told her friends and family? Or did she lie and now they all read this report and are like ‘wait a minute…’ Either way, I hope this woman’s doing ok!